According to the Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Sleep Medicine and Research, as many as 70 million Americans have ongoing sleep problems that interfere with their daily functioning. If you’re one of those who fail to get consistent sleep each night, you might be putting yourself at risk for a host of physical and mental issues.
When you don’t get enough sleep, you can have overall lowered blood flow to your brain, which can disrupt your thinking, memory, and concentration. Also, lack of sleep can weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to getting a cold, flu, or virus. Getting quality sleep each night can help your brain function at optimal levels, as well as support your overall immunity.
3 Ways to Improve Your Sleep & Boost Your Immunity
1. Immune-boosting Foods
Eating a healthy diet is common sense for overall well-being. While no single food will magically fend off illness, certain nutrients support your immune health and can help protect your body from billions of bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Some nutrients and foods that support healthy immunity include:
- Vitamin C-rich foods, like bell peppers, kiwis, strawberries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, and citrus fruits
- Vitamin E-rich foods, including almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds
- Zinc-rich foods, like oysters, crab, grass-fed lean meats and poultry, and chickpeas
- Selenium-rich foods, such as broccoli, sardines, tuna, brazil nuts, and barley
- Garlic, ginger, turmeric, spinach, beans, and other legumes
- Active omega-3 fatty acids (EPA + DHA), found in salmon, tuna, and other cold-water fish
2. Energizing Exercise
Physical activity is perhaps the single most important thing you can do to keep your brain healthy. Exercise can boost blood flow and other positive nutrients to the brain, increase your levels of dopamine, and trigger the generation of new nerve cells that can help the brain self-regulate and calm down, which can lead to quality rest.
Getting at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity daily will increase your blood circulation and can help strengthen your immune system. The increase in circulation improves the delivery of nutrients to your bone marrow, spleen, and other organs of immunity. Better circulation also helps clear waste products from the body and transport hormones that keep the immune system alert and active.
3. Restorative Sleep
Quality sleep stimulates the immune system, while sleep deprivation can depress your immunity. Though minimal required levels of sleep vary, studies indicate adults should try to get an average of 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Those with a compromised immune system should get even more sleep.
Getting high-quality sleep is essential to wellness. If you have healthy habits, such as avoiding caffeine later in the day and getting regular exercise, but still have difficulties turning off your brain before bedtime, a safe and scientifically-formulated dietary supplement may provide the relief you need.
Put Me To Sleep
Put Me To Sleep is based on the most recent nutraceutical research on sleep onset, duration, and quality. The body’s daily sleep phase is now recognized to be just as important for health as the awake phase. Sleep is vital for mental and physical performance, as well as overall health and well-being.
Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
Sleep deprivation has reached epidemic proportions. Sleep insufficiency is linked to weight problems, brain toxin buildup, blood sugar problems, and numerous other health problems.
This product is for anyone who may have difficulties falling or staying asleep. Unlike many dietary supplements, its effects should be felt in just minutes – one-hour maximum.
Properly Balanced Melatonin
Melatonin is our main sleep hormone, made and released from the brain during the night. But it’s also made in other organs and has powerful antioxidant, immune regulating, and inflammation-balancing effects.
However, when used by itself, melatonin isn’t a magic bullet. This formula’s five additional ingredients substantially enhance melatonin’s actions, due to their own well-documented sleep benefits.
Another advantage of this formula is that it provides less melatonin with more benefits. Many sleep supplements provide at least 3-5 mg of melatonin per serving, but this is more than twice what the brain produces during the whole night and can have adverse effects.
BrainMD has developed a lower melatonin dose that supports the brain’s natural 24-hour output of melatonin and doesn’t have the negative aftereffects of high-melatonin supplements.
This highly effective sleep supplement includes 6 potent ingredients that work in concert to help relax the mind and body in preparation for sleep. These ingredients have a broad range of neurotransmitter actions in the brain. They are carefully combined in this supplement to promote recovery from daily stress, calm and relaxation, and fully restful sleep.
- Melatonin– the master hormone for regulating the body’s sleep cycle, effective for improving sleep when taken by mouth
- GABA– the brain’s major calming neurotransmitter, GABA balances excitation versus inhibition and helps new nerve cells develop and mature
- Magnesium– a mineral vital for both brain and body, magnesium reinforces GABA’s calming effects to bring on sleep and maintain sleep quality Vitamin B6– a vitamin crucial for immune function and the enzymes that produce melatonin, as well as GABA, serotonin, and other brain neurotransmitters
- 5-HTP– an important starting molecule for the brain to produce not just serotonin, a regulatory neurotransmitter that enables quality sleep, but also melatonin
- L-Theanine– a unique green tea amino acid and natural relaxant that can improve time to fall asleep, sleep duration, and sleep quality in children and adults
This breakthrough supplement helps bring on sleep and provides deep, sustained, and quality sleep.
Taking Put Me To Sleep provides the right balance of nutrients that support a healthy immune system and can help you get a good night’s sleep.
At BrainMD, we’re dedicated to providing the highest purity nutrients to improve your immunity, sleep, and overall well-being. For more information about Put Me To Sleep and our full list of brain healthy supplements, please visit us at BrainMD.